Friday, June 13, 2008

What we've been up to....

Sorry that we have not posted for a few days. I thought that I would be really diligent in posting every day or so....but this past week has been crazy for us....so we'll start with Kyla in her "cage." Now before anyone calls CPS on us...Kyla's cage is an IKEA laundry bin with a velcro lid. Kyla dubbed it "her cage" and was frustrated when she couldn't velcro the lid shut while being inside. She would call for me and say, "Mom...come and close me in my cage!" Maybe a cage isn't a bad thing on some days.... :-) Eva was being really cute with Maile. They are too cute together. I caught them playing together. Eva would hold her arms out wide and say, "I love you!" and then laugh and hug Maile. She kept doing this in a pattern for a few minutes! Ah, it's moments like this that really make all the naughty antics disappear from memory!
Ariana started summer school this week. She picked out her own outfit...she came to me with two skirts and said, "This one is really cute, but so is this one...hmm..." I laughed. She REALLY loves being a girl and wearing dresses and skirts only. We are so proud of her progress! She is also reading as well...this week she has been making numerous birthday cards for Kyla. An example of her card that she does on her own reads something like this, "Dear Kyla, I love you. I kno your a princess. I like you the best. Love Ariana." She is really growing up!!!
This summer, I can definitely call it, "The summer of friends." We have friends over everyday. Whether it is our neighbor boys or school/church friends. Yesterday, we had over Maile's friend, Dawson. Regan grabbed shampoo and put it all over the trampoline. The kids then sprayed super soakers at each other. It has been 90 degrees with added high humidity...the kids enjoy cooling down this way. Now if we can only talk Daddy into a pool.... :-)
Yesterday I made "Mama eggs" which is our kids' way of saying, "Flip over eggs." In one of the eggs that I cracked, we found a developing chick. It was just in the beginning stage....ah organic eggs...anyways...Regan and I had this conversation about eggs and chicks...I should have known that his mind was spinning....so this morning, I was talking to Regan and somehow the egg came up. He told me that it would be so fun to have a chicken. I asked him if he took any eggs last night. He said, "Yes, Mom..." I told him to get it and followed him to see where it was. He had put an egg from our fridge into one of Kyla's toy bins which he had first laid a hand towel in it. He placed another hand towel on top to help warm the egg so it could hatch. He slept with it in his bed last night. I told him it doesn't work that way. It was cute to see his creativeness....and by the way....he has allergies right now, so that is why his eyes are swollen....just thought you all should know in case you were wondering if he had spent some time in a cage or something....

No comments: