Monday, June 16, 2008

Eva is growing up!

I've heard my parents tell me before that childhood goes by quickly. I am witnessing it with my own kids. It's amazing to think that our baby Eva is 20 months old! We no longer have a true infant in the house which is weird to think that we are done with that stage of life, especially since we've been in it for almost 10 years. Eva is wanting to be like a big kid more and more. She recently has decided that she doesn't want to sit in her high chair and would rather climb up our pub height chairs instead so that she can sit with all of us. I snapped this picture right after she climbed up on her own and then called to the kids, "Come eat!" She loves making the other kids laugh and will laugh with them at their own jokes and what not.
This morning, she woke up crying from a bad dream. I let her out and then went off to take care of Ariana. After putting in some laundry and picking up a bit, I started to hear music. I went upstairs and found Eva laying on her pillow (Her woobie, if you will) playing with this stuffed rabbit. She was kicking her feet around and swaying the bunny to the piano music that she had turning on herself. It was funny to me that she wanted to listen to music and then lay down and just kick it, something a teenager or older would do. She also managed to pull of Maile's heat vent, something that she does to ALL of our heat vents in the house. She will pull off the vent and then leave it on the floor, then run to the next one to do the same. Ah...sigh...our baby is growing up!

No comments: