Tuesday, June 15, 2010

California Trip Continued

On Tuesday, we went to my Grandpa and Grandma Pierson's home. We decided to have a nostalgia day and be around Dad's stomping grounds. We ordered lunch from a deli right around the corner from his house that his family used to frequent. It was so good to be with Grandma and Grandpa. So many, many good memories!!! I remember hanging out at their house while we would visit every year. I loved playing on their long driveway. This gate was such a thing of interest to me as we didn't have one at my home in Oregon. I loved playing with the latches and swinging the gates wide open.
My Dad had to pass a merit badge to achieve his Eagle rank as a young man. He couldn't do lots of pull ups to the level that the badge required, so he talked to Grandpa and Grandpa installed a pull up bar in their back yard. Grandma wasn't aware of this when we were reminiscing about the bar and always thought it was for Dad's younger brother to do pull ups. We asked Dad to show us what he's got, and sure enough, he jumped right on it and did a pull up!

Ryan saw Dad do it, and decided to do a pull up too!


I love this picture of Grandma and Dad. It is a really cute picture of them in their backyard!



No comments: