Thursday, February 19, 2009

What happens when Dawn is gone...

Every Wednesday, I meet with the 16-18 year old high school girls in our church. Our Wednesdays are always a bit crazy. Last night was a bit more crazier as the kids were how can I say this...WILD. :-) When I came back, Ryan told me that after I left, he put the kids in the princess room. They all piled onto the bed and had a party. They read books to calm themselves. Ryan showed me the pictures he took from their party. They adore being together. Ryan is the best dad! I love how he faced the challenge of being left with a house of wild kids and turned them into sleeping angels. Thank you my Prince! You are amazing!!!
Maile got up after hearing me come home and said, "Mom, you need to come and look at this! Regan fell asleep on the ground while reading a book. He was mid-turning a page when he fell asleep. You can see his finger ready to turn the page!" Sure enough, I went upstairs to find him just as Maile described. He is so happy to have this new series of books that we bought him from the author, Dan Gutmann. The author came to their school last week and signed Regan's books which made him love the books even more....to the point of falling asleep mid-turning the page!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I want to read books with those darling kids in the princess room. What fun.

Dawn are you the Laurel adviser? Weekly activities are wearing-but very fun.

My friend Tara the photographer lives in Cali. But, she does travel. You should email her-and let her know you are interested in a session if she comes out to Chicago. - She is the best. We have become quite good friends. She has come to HI the last 3 years and our kiddos are even great friends with each other.