Thursday, February 5, 2009

Kyla's surgery

My Mom brought the kids to the hospital to visit Kyla, Ryan, and me. The kids were trying to be brave as they saw their sister under the circumstances that she was. I have to say that Ryan and I were so grateful for my mom for coming out and taking care of things for us. I cannot think of a better word than "amazing" for her. We were blessed by our earth angel named "Mom."
I brought nail polish and flower stickers for Kyla's fingers while she was recovering. She loves having a manicure! What girl doesn't?! While Ryan went home to shower, Kyla and I tried playing around with the camera.... :-)

Heather, Dan, Isabel, Adelaide, and Greta sent special flowers to Kyla. She loved the little teddy bear that the arrangement came with. It definitely brightened up her room! You guys are so sweet and good to us!


Michael and Chelsea came to visit Kyla. Kyla would watch, "Kung Fu Panda" over and over again. Moochie and Chelsea stayed and watched it with us for one of the 12 times we watched it over the course of her 3 day stay.



Kyla was very nervous about leaving without her IV and catheter. The day we left, it was negative wind chills...We were all nervous about leaving into those temps. :-) We are so thankful for all the love, prayers, and support that we had during this time. There is nothing like watching your child be in the hospital for a surgery and then a 3 day stay. We are so grateful that this is over!




1 comment:

wgp said...

Dawn, I spent time today pouring over your darling blog. I LOVE that you do this to capture the joy of your life during these precious years. Thank you, times a million. Also, thanks for the kind words, I did very little to help, it was all my blessing.