Thursday, February 5, 2009

Kyla's surgery

I realized that I didn't post any pictures during Kyla's surgery, so I thought I would post them now as our blog is sort of a journal to us. Here we are ready to go to the hospital. Kyla was being so brave! Our dear friends came the night before with a HUGE bag of goodies for Kyla while we were there. It makes me cry just thinking about all the love people have for us. So much sacrifice was done in our behalf. To say thank you to everyone just doesn't seem to even begin to capture what Ryan and I felt while going through this very difficult time.
Here we are waiting for Kyla's drugs to kick in. She was given a coloring book and crayons and was quite mesmerized by drawing.

This about the time that the drugs had kicked in. It was funny at first to see her say silly things, but when she started to drool, I lost it. You can see it in her face that she isn't with us. Ryan told us to smile and this was her best.


Our hospital has a animal program where they have specially trained dogs that visit patients. Kyla loved being visited by a dog each day. They brought her a card made from kids in the area for hospital patients. The other thing that brings me to tears just thinking about it is the bear with the green sweater on her bed. A local 5th grade class decided that in lieu of their holiday party that year, they wanted to buy presents for the kids on the peds floor. Outside Kyla's door was a huge bin of toys that this sweet class brought to all the kids on our floor ready for the kids to pick out. There were all types of toys, books, games, dolls, etc, wrapped up by this class. So sweet. Kyla got to choose two presents. Ryan and I were overwhelmed with the love that this class showed all of the patients. Truly the spirit of CHRISTmas!



1 comment:

Heather said...

I have not noticed before--but Keenan and Kyla look so much alike. They both have the Batchelor mouth. They must be related. :)