Monday, November 15, 2010

Eliana's birthday

We were scheduled for an induction on Thursday. I was very excited about this as I was "done" with being pregnant at the end of the pregnancy. I felt so huge. I couldn't bend down to touch my toes. I had swollen feet, etc. Thursday morning, we set off for the hospital. It felt kind of unreal to think that we were leaving as two and coming home as three. We were really excited to finally see our sweet and precious baby girl. I loved being pregnant as it is such an amazing miracle to me to feel the baby grow inside.
When we got to the hospital, I envisioned having Eliana in no time at all. Kyla was a 2 1/2 labor total...this being our six child, I figured it would go really fast. Well...it didn't happen exactly like I thought it would. Here I am showing 3 on my fingers as in, "I am dilated to a 3." I pretty much should have kept those fingers showing ALL day long, because I was dilated to that all day.

Here are Ryan and I showing the last of my pregnant belly. Looking back, it still amazes me that Eliana was inside of me not too long ago.


Ryan was so cute, when we walked in, he grabbed the expo marker and wrote this on our hospital delivery board. I can't tell you how many times I looked at that sign as I watched the clock go around and around. My doctor broke my water bag around 8:30am. I thought for sure that I was going to be delivering any moment. Nope...Eliana showed us that she was coming on her own. The nurses were all making bets as to when Eliana was coming as she was the 6th baby. All their bets were before noon. As the time kept moving on, they offered for me to watch t.v. or something, but I was convinced that I was going to have Eliana any minute and didn't want to ruin the mood...should have listened to them.



No comments: