Tuesday, August 31, 2010

summer days

Ryan was so good to me by trying to keep the kids entertained while I was down with sickness. We were originally supposed to go just the two of us to Tennessee for the weekend, but pneumonia came and we didn't go. He was happy to know that he got a close second with being able to go to the Chicago air and water show, something that he LOVES! He used to go the Arizona air and water as a kid, so he was happy to see the Chicago one. He took the 4 oldest kids. They were excited to go with him, hence the missing Maile and Regan in this picture. They were already in the car. They had fun down in the city. They came home with stories of fun. Maile and Regan both got free Columbia hats for singing karaoke at the booth. They put them in a freezer that was -20 with their new line of coats for Columbia sportswear. Funny that we laugh at those temps right now...and yet, we WILL have those temps during this winter minus a freezer booth....our whole outside will be the freezer booth. :-) They visited Daddy's work place at the Sears's tower and ate out. David and Shelly met them down there. Maile and Shelly have a cute clip of them singing in the booth.... :-) They had fun!
Eva still takes naps during the day. YEA!!! So after lunch one day, I told her to go upstairs to take a nap...I was thinking that she would start up the stairs so that I could follow up with our routine of getting a little drink and saying a prayer...but when I came upstairs, this is what I saw. She has surrounded herself with a bunch of pillows and had her backpack on. She loves this backpack and says that it is her "pretty school back pack." aka preschool backpack. I love seeing her sleep. There is nothing like seeing a sleeping child!!!

We have had the kids doing jobs, and with the new school year, we have a new rotation job schedule. Kyla sets the table. This was her first night on duty. She was super proud of herself as was I!


The girls were watching a movie one day...well, lots of days since I was sick... :-) I laughed when I came downstairs to check on them and saw them like this. Eva is rockin a serious look here. Everything looks so much better through rose colored glasses!!!



Regan has been super excited about stocks recently. He will talk stocks with Ryan frequently. "Dad, I think you should buy AT&T because U-verse is all over the place and people want it!" Ryan is excited that Regan has this new interest. Regan will ask Ryan how the markets went that day or ask Ryan a ton of questions. It is really cute to watch! Watch out Wall Street...Regan is ready to take you on!




No comments: