
School started for us last Wednesday. The kids were really excited. It is funny to see them out of bed at 6, fully dressed, back packs on. I am willing to bet they won't be doing this same schedule as the school year presses on. They were pumped to say the least. It was weird to see Maile going to Jr. High vs. the bus stop with the other kids going to their elementary school. She has to leave earlier than they do.

The night before school, she came to me and said that she wanted to straighten her hair for her first day. She had just washed it and it was already dry. To say that her hair is curly, is a real huge understatement. She has a head of really thick beautiful curls. They almost rival Kyla's hair. I straightened it the best I could. The next day, she woke up and some of it had gone back to curls. We busted out the flat iron once more and did our best. She looked beautiful of course!!!

She walks with some of her other friends in the neighborhood. I told Maile that she looks more like an 8th grader than a 6th grader...she later told me after that day that she doesn't look like an 8th grader because the 8th graders are taller than me. WOW...when did kids grow so fast?! She had a great first day of school. She is loving Jr. High as we knew she would. She says the best part of Jr. High is the different amount of teachers...she loves having the different classes. As she was walking off to school, I was having this montage of her life up until this point. I know that I shouldn't tear up at this...but of course I did. Frankly I had to walk away rather quickly as I was thinking about her and bawling. Yes...still cry every year when the kids go off to school. Our Hawaiian baby is growing up!
No comments:
Post a Comment