Tuesday, August 31, 2010

School has begun!

After drying my eyes from Maile's departure, Ryan and I walked the other 3 kids to the bus stop. Ariana was hoping that they had a nice bus driver this year as last years was not so friendly. Ariana is our little fashion diva. She has been clipping flowers in her hair every morning while she gets ready for school. She loves picking out her cute outfits.
Regan was excited to be with his friends at the bus stop. He was all smiles. Hard to believe that next year he will be in Jr. High! He loves his teacher. He came home on the first day and said, "Mom! You will never believe this! My teacher gave us NO homework today!" His last year's teacher was known for giving a ton of homework. He seriously had 2+ hours of homework every night. We loved her! On Friday, I pulled out Regan's assignment notebook and saw that he had a worksheet. I asked him about it and he said, 'Oh no! I forgot it at school!" We drove to the school to get it. His teacher walked out with Regan to the car and introduced himself. He told me that he doesn't believe in homework on the weekends as much as he can get away with. My mouth dropped as we aren't used to this from last year. I think I am going to LOVE this school year for Regan!!!

Kyla had a harder time with going to school. She had lost her voice and was nervous to go to school with a weaker voice. She cried a bit, but finally made it to the bus stop. I talked with her a bit...and she became a little more brave.


When the bus rolled up, Kyla started to get nervous again, but her friend, Annabelle, grabbed her hand and they hopped on the bus together. When she got home, she was all smiles and very glad that she went to school. Yea!!!



No comments: