Wednesday, August 18, 2010

being sick stinks

I have not posted anything for awhile. Ryan and I have both come down with sickness. He with a sinus infection and me with pneumonia. Ugh! It's been 2 weeks. We went to the doctor yesterday and she was disappointed in how my lungs are sounding after a course of meds. So..we are onto a new course of meds and hopefully improvement. I was not too happy to find out from the doctor that I won't be feeling myself for 4 weeks...uh...4 weeks?! So much for wanting to have things done before baby and not leaving it until last minute. Ryan has been a super trooper. He has been juggling kids/house/job/church. I don't know very many men that would do this. He has been sweet and patient with my being down. Oh how I love and adore this man!!! The kids have been sweet as they bring me water and tell me stories for the baby to hear. Eva brought me a tea cup from her kitchen set with water in it and told me that I was to drink it and that I would feel better. So cute! Glad that I am feeling better each day...just super tired still. We have been blessed with people bringing us things...including 2 sets of flowers, bread, cake, and three dinners. Last night's dinner was from our Russian friend. Ariana was eating the soup and really liked it. She loved the beets in the soup. She was all smiles and told the us, "Russian food is my favorite!" The kids are excited about starting school next week. Maile and Ryan went to her Jr. High today to pick up her schedule and locker combo. She is nervous/excited. It is hard to believe that she is going to Jr. High! As I type, she is talking on the phone to one of her friends about the new school year. I am seeing a glimpse into our future of teenagers!!! We will post more pics and posts later.

No comments: