Friday, May 22, 2009

Oh the things that they say...

This was really cute. While we were all in the kitchen, Regan turned to Michael and said, "Michael, you are my best friend!" He then leaped into Michael's arms and gave him a great big hug. Regan has always loved Michael and thought he was the best thing ever. They used to eat ice cream right out of the container when we lived in Utah while Ryan was getting his MBA and Moochie was a freshman. They used to flex their muscles in the mirror in Oregon when Michael was in high school and Regan was just a toddler. I love seeing their fun relationship!
A couple of weeks ago, Ariana came home from church all sad because she didn't earn a ring pop sucker for passing off scriptures. She said, "I didn't get a ring pop, I am SO sad!" So I told her that there was a ring pop fairy that would come and bring ring pop suckers to really good children. She would place the ring pop under the child's pillow. So Ariana had a visit from the ring pop fairy and was so pleased about this. She wrote on our expo board a thank you to the ring pop fairy and then also said, "Kyla is a really good girl. Can you give her a ring pop too?" So two days ago, I came into the kitchen and found the above written message on our expo board written by Ariana. I asked her what that was about and she said, "Mom, I got a treat from the Random Fairy! She brought me a sucker." Now I have never heard about the Random Fairy before, but sure enough, she brought Ariana a sucker from our basement. So at Ariana's Girl Scout meeting last night, her leader asked everyone to tell the group something great that happened to them this week. When it was Ariana's turn, she said, "The Random Fairy brought me a treat!" Her leader said, "The what?" Ariana said, "The random fairy!" We all agreed that we wish the Random Fairy came to us too! I know what I would wish for!!

Ariana bridged over from Daisy Scout to Brownies. Great job, Ana!


Here is her troop and their leader, Kathy. Kathy has been a great leader. Her husband was serving over in Iraq during most of the school year. I am always amazed at the strength and courage of people! Ariana and I had a great time at their party. They played games. Ariana won BINGO. They also had dancing and music. I laughed as the girls were dancing around to Miley Cyrus. When one of the mom's announced cake, all the above pictured girls screamed as only little girls can. It was really cute to see all of the girlishness of her troop!



2 comments:

wgp said...

Ariana is an inventor, the Random Fairy! I want the random Fairy to bring me a gardener and a housecleaner, and while we're at it...

Chelsea said...

We just LOVE having you guys so close!!!