
Eva has turned 3 and WOW...she has turned into a mischievous little thing! She has been one of our easier going children...until recently. She has gotten into her share of mishaps as is the case with one crazy day a few days ago. I was downstairs when Eva came downstairs with some purple yogurt all over her. "Now that is strange," I thought because I was in the kitchen and she came DOWNSTAIRS with food on her that wasn't there before. Hmm..I walked upstairs to see the princess room covered in yogurt. Eva has taken yogurt upstairs while I was doing dishes and was distracted. She opened it up and must have shaken it everywhere. It was all over toys and clothes from their messy room. Where oh where is the little princess that used to be called Eva?!

I thought this message was funny because Ariana was writing a book for me and had the front cover saying, "A Surprise Treat for Mom!" Uh..this isn't the surprise treat I like to see of a yogurt covered room. For a 6 ounce cup of yogurt, it sure made a whole lot bigger mess than what I would have thought could come from a small container.

I looked at Eva and asked her what this was and she said, "It's yogurt, Mom!" Don't you love that 3 year old smile of hers?! So I told the girls that we were going to clean it up and went to get a rag and wet it. When I came back into the room, I looked around as to what we should clean first. I directed Kyla and Ana to different cleaning stations when I noticed that my 3 year old "helper" was missing. I called for her and heard her downstairs. When I saw her she was covered in a red liquid...different from the purple yogurt for sure. I said, "Eva, what are you doing? You are supposed to be cleaning your yogurt mess." She replied, "Mom...I made a mess with my finger!" It's poop, Mom!" I thought, "Oh dear...yogurt is much nicer to smell than poop. Please, oh please, don't let it be poop!"

I asked her to show me where the new mess was...and she showed me her latest achievement: candle wax. Well, thank goodness it isn't poop. Now she smelled like cinnamon big time! I'll take that over a poop smell ANY DAY! So...in the 2 minutes that I took getting a rag and giving directions to Ana and Kyla, she went downstairs and put her finger in a newly blown out candle that I had had burning. She poured it down the cabinets, on the rug, and on herself. I am grateful that I had blown it out before going upstairs to check on the "surprise" in the princess room.

As I was looking at this new wax mess, and thinking about the yogurt mess upstairs, I tried to think happy thoughts and not let the fire escape my head that I was experiencing while looking at our creative artist. I really thought that Eva would not be mischievous like her older sister was during her 3's...but I guess I was wrong. It's a good thing that this little turkey is cute looking!
No comments:
Post a Comment