Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Brr..it's cold!

I'd like to know if anyone has Mother Nature's phone number? Typical to Chicago seasons...we will have a season and then the next day, it will be completely different for the new season. This happened with fall this year...but a lot earlier!!! We were enjoying what summer weather we had...if you can call it summer...and then boom! Fall greets us with 30 degree weather! Our mornings are now spent in the 30's! I'm sorry, but did Chicago forget that it was the beginning of October when it decided to have 30 degree mornings?! Maile woke up and looked out the window and said, "Mom, it is SO beautiful outside! I want to take the dog for a walk." So she got ready and the rest of the crew decided to go with her too. Here they are walking Ella.
Before they left, I made sure they were dressed. It seemed odd to say, "Get your gloves, hats, winter coats and boots on" at the beginning of October. The kids wanted a shot of Ella...so we tried several....

and this is the best one...the one where she is scraping at the door to get out. She loves walks!!!


I took Maile out for date night this past week. We threw on our boots and went to Walmart where we picked out the new Taylor Swift CD...too bad we couldn't score the tickets to her concert here last weekend!!! We also bought the new Miley Cyrus CD. We LOVE her new song..."Party in the USA." Whenever I hear it, I throw my hands in the air and dance around wherever I am at the moment. Maile and I jammed in the car to our new CD's. It was tons of fun to be with my Maile! After our Walmart trip, we went to the library and got the new Harry Potter book...#6 for Maile to read. She REALLY loves Harry Potter and is excited to find #7. She really wants the whole series for her own. I know someone who is having a birthday soon!!! :-)



No comments: