Thursday, September 3, 2009

This and that

We were shopping at Target the other day to look at the leggings and shirts on sale for Eva that week. As we were pushing our cart through all the adorable clothes, I heard Eva get excited and say, "CARMINE, MOM! It's Carmine!" She calls all cars "Carmine" after the one episode in Little Einsteins that featured a car race and the car was called, "Carmine." So now EVERY car is Carmine. Her favorite movie is "Cars." She LOVES it! She actually is a bit of a tomboy. She loves cars, trucks, and keep her away from any sticks because she runs for them and loves to wave them in the air. So, even though they are boys pjs, I got them for her. As we pushed our cart through the other sections of Target, she saw another Carmine...underwear. Now I'll buy her boys pjs, but I stop at the boy underwear. I would consider it if it made her want to use them though.... :-) So here she is the next morning, sporting her carmine pjs. She even wore them to the bus stop for Kyla! :-)
Kyla came downstairs to show me what she wanted to wear for school. We had to leave the princess slippers and wand at the house though.

Ryan got back late last night from his trip to New Orleans and parts of Mississippi. We missed him so much! One of these days, I would love to go to New Orleans..I've never been. Ryan said that there is still so much damage from Katrina. It is sad. He brought back the family some pralines from his southern trip in the form of cookies. The kids LOVED this treat! Here is Eva with a mouthful of this delicious treat!


While I was checking email yesterday, Kyla ran up next to me and was holding my hand with a sponge and started counting. I looked down to see her applying a tattoo to my wrist. It is a tattoo that you apply and then color in. She was super excited to do this on me. When I saw her pull out the blue marker, I said, "WOW..blue! Dad is going to love that!" She said, "Mom, Dad is going to LOVE your tattoo!" After doing dishes, the blue has bled outside the lines...but it definitely is an eye catcher. If Kyla's princess gig doesn't pan out, she can always be a tattoo artist when she grows up :-)



1 comment:

wgp said...

someone forgot what the prophet said about tatoos! how long did it last? Fun! I guess I already have 2 grandsons, Eva is really 'Evan' Love you all!