Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Our last day in Florida

After park hopping, we arrived at the Magic Kingdom. There are some slight differences to Magic Kingdom and Disneyland....ie the Buzz Light Year ride was not as good here as it is in California...but we still had a rockin good time. True to our weekend spent here, it rained on us. We were thankful for it because it cools things down, but were sad because it shut down some of our favorite rides such as Thunder Mountain. Magic Kingdom was the most crowded of all the parks. We ended up leaving in the late afternoon to rest and watch the BYU game. I can hear my Dad screaming right now as he is Mr. Disney and we would open the parks and then shut them down back in the day.... :-)
Here we are on our last day. We realized that we didn't have a picture of us with the resort entrance...we were too excited to get to the parks the day we came in to take a proper picture.
:-) We left our luggage and went off to Pleasure Island for food and fun. I realized that we didn't take any pictures while there, but let me tell you, we went to THE BEST Irish Pub EVER! It was called Raglans. It was breathtaking! All the wood that was in the Pub was over 100 year old mahogany that they shipped over from Ireland. We felt like we were in Ireland. If we were able to have stayed longer, we would have gone back during the night as they have Irish dancing and singing. The food was to die for!!! Even the bathrooms were awesome. They had an Irish comedian playing over the speakers...I found myself laughing out loud while using the restroom. Thank goodness I was the only one in there!!! :-) We then went to a Princess Diana exhibit which was amazing. I always loved Princess Di. She was truly an amazing woman! They had a velvet dress of hers there that had the hand print of one of her boys marked on the skirt from them tugging at her. It brought the moment to life.

After the Princess Di exhibit and some ice cream, we took a water taxi back to our hotel to pick up our luggage and take the bus back to the airport. We had such an amazing time together. Thank you, Michael and Chelsea, for watching our kids while we were away!!! We came back a bit more relaxed than when we left.


1 comment:

Bryce Family said...

Okay... I was jealous before, but wow.. now I am really green with envy. I am so glad you guys got away for a weekend. You both needed it!