
Since the kids have been gone to Grandma Camp, I wanted to have something fun for Kyla to do as well. It just so happened that 3 girls from our church were putting on a camp for kids from M-F 12:30 - 4:00pm this week, so I signed Kyla up. She calls it "Annie camp" because one of the girls in our babysitter. We have been SO impressed with all that they do at Annie camp! They have crafts galore, games, and swimming at one of the girl's in ground pool. Kyla looks forward to Annie camp everyday. Whenever I drop her off, she smiles and says, "OK, Mom! See you later!!!" She is having a blast! The above picture is of her on her first day of Annie camp.

On her first day of Annie camp, she came back and fell asleep on the couch. I thought that maybe she would have a hard time going to bed that night, but was wrong. Kyla actually went upstairs at 8:30 and said from the top of the stairs, "Good night, everybody!" She put herself to sleep. I wish they had Annie camp every day of the summer!!! :-) I am so glad that she is having so much fun! We can't wait for when she and Ariana go to Annie camp in July.

Last night, I had bought a huge bag of M&M's for our YW lock-in that we had. I left the leftovers on the table when I got home late last night. This morning, Kyla woke up and said, "Mom, are there any M&M's left?" I told her yes and she bolted downstairs. She brought me one and said, "Eat it, it's good for your tummy!" I laughed. I came downstairs and she had poured a bunch into her cereal bowl and grabbed a spoon and was eating it like cereal. Eva ran and got her bowl and asked for some too. It made me laugh. I would have never thought of a breakfast of M&M's! BTW...they did eat a real breakfast later!!! These are the joys of childhood. I think, if we didn't have moments like this, then childhood wouldn't be as fun!
1 comment:
Camp Annie--what a darling neighborhood you live in! I love that you allow m&m breakfasts. Those memories are the ones that will be recalled when they think of their delightful childhoods. Camp Batchelor is a pretty fun place to grow-up. Your kiddos are so lucky to have you and Ryan as parents. So LUCKY!!
Post a Comment