Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Weather Man

Well...the weather has gotten pretty wild here in the midwest! Look what happened in our neighborhood!!! A TORNADO!!! Regan, our special weather agent, captured this picture with our camera on his own! He risked his life for this one!!!
JUST KIDDING...No tornado here today...but when I was looking through our camera pictures, I saw that he had taken thesefrom a library book. He is really into reading and studying about the weather...especially tornados and hurricanes! We went to the library this weekend while Ariana was taking ballet classes and he picked out a bunch of books exclusively on tornados and volcanos.
We then caught Regan in our backyard finding sticks. He came into the house and got out our tape measurer and cut up the stick into 3 pieces. He then fashioned them together with a rubberband and hung a pencil by some string to make a seismograph which he put on our washer with a paper underneath it to record the shaking of the machine.
Here is our little McGuiver waiting for the "spin cycle," He was REALLY excited about it! I think we are all safe as long as Regan is in our house!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hey--great blog! What fun to see all the kiddos. We will come and visit often and will leave comments. - Do you ichat? What fun for our kids to be able to video chat with each other!
Oh, and I will be sending the "photo book" that we put together last year for mother's day. I wasn't trying to exclude--I just thought it was something only mothers would enjoy. LOL. (And yes, Carrie is definitely more a mother figure to me than a sister. :) Expect a fun package delivered to your doorstep this week.--

sprinkle4 said...

Yeah....just don't leave him alone with a paper clip, a rubberband and a piece of gum!:)