Friday, April 11, 2008

Update on us

I have been meaning to post for a while, but we've been busy doing house projects... so here is an update on what we have been up to. Kyla ADORES wearing "original fashion." I walked into the room and she was wearing one of her favorites: a poncho as a skirt. I am always finding her wearing this "skirt." I think I'll have it dipped in gold when she grows out of it. She climbed up onto the back of our sofa and fell asleep.
While Ryan was away translating for the weekend in Utah, we had unbelievable weather. The kids and I played outside in our backyard. We ate dinner on our trampoline together, and then when the weather started getting cooler, we celebrated the warmer temps with fudge bars. We have to celebrate any kind of above freezing temps here in April in the Midwest!
I caught the kids laughing hysterically in the bathroom. Eva had made a "hiding spot" Every time we would open the cupboard, she would laugh and close it. It reminds me of Ariana when we lived in Arizona. Something about cupboards and our kids!
This was really cute, Ariana is very much into dresses and princesses right now. She found Maile's dress that she wore to Moochie and Cheslea's wedding and put it on and then started singing songs from the movie, "Enchanted." Regan saw her and said, "You don't look like Giselle, she wore a crown." I went and put my crown on her... she ran to our living room window and started singing "Ahh ahh ahh. ahh ahh ahh..." you know, the part where Giselle calls to the animals to help her. Anyways, she turned to me after a minute and said, "Mom, they are not coming in!" It was cute to see in her mind that she really believed that if she sang that song, the neighborhood animals would flock to our house and clean it. I wish it would though , I'd start singing that song ALL the time! I went to youtube.com and found the part in Enchanted where Giselle calls the New York animals to help clean up the apartment. Ariana LOVED it!!! She started singing, "The happy working song" and to my amazement, cleaned up our entire family room all while wearing a princess dress, crown, and singing and dancing. She started out by sitting on the couch and pretended to wake up like Giselle...she even said, "Oh no, this will not do at all!" I thought, "You ain't whistling dixie, sweetie!" I'm going to have to buy the soundtrack to have more help around the house!!!

No comments: