
Chelsea, Michael, Baby Bib, Ryan, and I went to see Avatar at the theater since Chelsea had never seen it. Ryan and I loved watching it again as it is such a great movie. When we came home, we found this sight. Our 4 kids were crashed out on the couch. They really are peas in a pod! We love catching our sleeping kids. There is nothing like a sleeping child that is so peaceful. How blessed are we!!!!

Our Saturday was a crazy one last week. Maile and another Girl Scout were in charge of one of their activities. The two of them had to come up with the entire schedule as well as what they were going to do. They chose to visit a senior retirement center. OJ and Maile had the girls do interactive introductions, an improv skit, talent show, craft, visiting time, and then a snippet from the Sound of Music where they sang good bye to everyone. It was a hit! The girls organized it quite well and really lifted the senior's hearts. We were a bit nervous when we first walked in as we were met with a fire truck and an ambulance...some one had just fallen right before we came in. We loved hearing the stories of all these remarkable people. I had lots of seniors tell me how impressed they were with the girls. I am impressed with them too....especially Maile! :-) After Maile and I were done in the morning, we drove straight to Regan's Pinewood Derby. I didn't have my camera for either the Girl Scout Activity or the Derby, but Michael did for the race, so I'll post those when I get them off of his camera. Regan came in first place in a few of the races. Ryan and Michael are already planning on next year's car. I believe they said something about "fire rockets and fog...." :-) Ryan was REALLY happy with the car and had an even bigger grin on his face than Regan. It was so fun to watch!!! After that, we had Maile's piano recital...the above picture. She performed around 7 songs. She really has a gift for the piano. I had other parents tell me how accomplished she is...I know...I am bragging...but it's true!!! :-)

Here is our master pianist bowing at the end of a piece. It is hard to believe how grown up this one has become! Hard to believe that not too long ago, she was our baby in Hawaii. Time sure speeds by us! We were super proud of Maile this night...and always!
3 comments:
It really does seem like just yesterday she was a little Hawaiian baby doll. Love you all!
That's MY Maile, the pianist! I knew this was coming, I've been to her lessons. Love you Maile Rose!
Your Forever Grandma
I love that picture of all your kids snuggling! How sweet they all are!
Post a Comment