
We had a ton of fun while Grandma Red was here. We had fun with Papa too, but as you know, the show must go on. So when Papa left after Ariana's baptism weekend, Grandma Red stayed on and had fun with us...ALL kinds of fun. I told my Mom that this would be a "vacation" that she would ALWAYS remember! As was mentioned in the earlier post, we all caught the stomach flu. Mom caught it first and then it trickled down to us all except Ariana. Ryan and I were laid out in bed while Mom who barely recovered, was the nurse on duty and cleaned up both vomit and diarrhea from sick kids. Ryan and I would hear her laughing in the kitchen as she did so to keep sanity. Kyla isn't the best when it comes to throwing up...she is our sprinkler if you know what I mean. Poor Mom had to clean up the entire kitchen sink, and all the cabinets as Kyla didn't know what to do. :-) Grandma Red deserves fifty golden stars for all that she did!!! Angel doesn't even come close to how Ryan and I feel about her! Mom's trip wasn't all about poop/vomit...thank goodness. While Grandma Red was here, Kyla lost her first tooth. She was super excited to loose her tiny tooth. She loves showing everyone and is especially excited about showing the dentist later this week!

Ariana decided to use her birthday money and buy herself a new bike. We all went to Walmart and watched her try out other bikes. She especially loves the blue color! We are excited to bike around town as the weather has gotten warmer!!! Yea for summer!

Grandma Red has a tradition of taking each kid out on a date. She wasn't able to individually take them out as we were sick for a week, so she took all 5 to Buena Beef. The kids are always SO excited to go with her. She is the world's best Grandma Red! We are thankful that she is ours!!!

The kids were waiting for Grandma Red to come in the car. They were super pumped about their date!

The weather has warmed up....I think we are finally onto warmer temps! The girls decided that they wanted to take Ella for a walk early in the morning, so they did. I laugh because Maile is in shorts and a short sleeved shirt, and Ariana and Eva are in winter coats.
1 comment:
I love your cute family and I am glad you are all better! We have missed you!!!
Post a Comment