
I have been meaning to capture this on the camera for awhile now, but have not done so until now. Our kids are not supposed to eat in the family room. The rule is that food stays only in the kitchen. Our kids have been pretty good about this rule, especially when they can do what Eva is doing in this picture. Our kids will eat their breakfast on the stairs or at the mouth of the kitchen so they can watch Wii or whatever the other kids are watching. I am just glad that they stay in the kitchen!!!

Ariana checked out a Disney cook book this past week from her school library. She told me when we were both looking at it together during the week that she wanted to make the "Cinderella's Pumpkin Waffles" on Saturday. I told her that that sounded great. Well, early Saturday morning arrived. I woke up to Ariana's face standing over me saying, "Mom, it's Saturday! Do you know what that means? Cinderella's Pumpkin Waffles!!!!" I laughed as I rolled out of bed and went down to the kitchen. We made the waffles together which I must say were quite delicious. Ariana is quite the chef!!! When Ryan came home from basket ball, he LOVED the waffles and was equally amazed that Ariana made them. She is our resident chef...and cute to boot!

I was in the kitchen when I heard Kyla saying, "Mom, Eva is cutting my hair!!!" Oh man, every mother's nightmare! I ran into the living room to find Eva playing with Kyla's hair with play doh plastic scissors. Whew! We dodged that bullet! We had a long talk with Eva about how we NEVER cut other people's hair with real scissors. Eva was in a silly mood, so every camera shot I got was of her bouncing around.

You can just tell by her face and her fast moving hands that she was having a lot of fun!

Well, this is a funny story...true to Chicago. My Dad's favorite thing to do here when he visits is to go to this Italian lunch buffet called, "Braconi's." There is a super sweet hostess there named, Elsie, who loves to see Mom and Dad when they come back each time. While we were there last, we tasted one of the best pizzas that I have ever tasted. It is a hot wing sauced chicken pizza. SO GOOD! Well, Ryan wasn't there when we tasted it with Mom and Dad, but had heard about it from Michael and me. So the weekend came and Ryan said, 'Let's order that hot wing sauce pizza for fun." I was all about that. I called up Braconi's and asked them what there largest pizza size was. The man told me that the largest was an XXL pizza. I asked him how many it fed. He said, "Hmm, about 6." So I told him we wanted one. When Ryan came home carrying it into the house, he and Michael were laughing so hard. He brought in the box and it was HUGE! Ryan said, "Dawn...why did you order such a large pizza?" I told him that the man told me that it fed 6 so I figured it was the one to get. As you can see with the picture above, it is super large. The pizza next to it is the kids' favorite of little cesars. Talk about a size difference. So, we ate some of the pizza, and ate some the next day, and the next day.... it was awesome, spicy, and delicious. Ryan says that this is his new favorite pizza.
2 comments:
I want that pizza!
Dad would be so proud of you patronizing Braconi's! Love the pic of Eva on the stairs, wow, she's got the famous Batchelor/Pierson gorgeous hair. It's so much longer even since Christmas. Tell Ariana I want to sample her waffles! Love you all.
Post a Comment