Tuesday, November 10, 2009

updates

Things around here have been busy. It seems like we had Halloween, Maile's birthday, and then it kept going super sonic speed. How did it become November 10th already?! Ah...me! We are still alive, just running around like the crazy people we are. :-) We have been enjoying the warm weather that surprised us. We had 2 days in the low 70's!!! I told Ryan that this is what it must be like for people who live in year-round warm climates. What would that be like?! He said that we probably appreciate it a whole lot more because we have such frigid long winters. Well, we DID appreciate it! The kids were running around in short sleeves and without their coats. I taught the neighborhood kids how to play "Kick the Can." We had a blast. It was a bit different playing in Chicago terrain than the Oregon terrain I was used to as a kid. We really don't have that many fir trees here and most of our leaves have dropped which makes it hard to climb into the trees to hide because people can see you through the bare limbs. :-) Here is Regan and Quinn getting ready to run outside. Wish we had 70's ALL the time!
Ryan decided that he wanted to eat some fish...and so we went to the freezer and pulled out our Hawaiian treasures. He is so good to me since he knows that I am not the biggest fan of fish, so he set up a table outside and filleted them out there. Thank goodness it was warm weather!!!

Our missionaries from our church came over to help Ryan. How many people can say that they filleted Hawaiian fish in Chicago?! Our missionaries get one day off a week, so they choose to spend part of it with us and the fish. Ryan then cooked up some of the fish by using 4 different recipes. I can't vouch for the flavor because I didn't eat it, but the Elders said that the fish was fabulous. I love how Ryan just experiments and it always turns out superb. After lunch, he washed everything down numerous times and used bleach as well. He is my hero!!!


Ryan and I went out to have an early Thanksgiving dinner with our friends through church. When we got back, we walked upstairs to find this sight. Eva, unbeknown to Moochie and Chelsea, pulled a bunch of her toys into the bathtub and then climbed into it to have fun galore. Kyla and she were laughing and playing with one another. My personal favorite is how the potty chart is on the door and Eva doesn't give a rip about it. My sister, and most of my friends who have kids the same age and YOUNGER have all recently had their daughters potty trained. NOT Eva! I have tried to entice her with charts, potty movies, pretty panties, and gulp..yes, I WILL admit this, I even broke down and bought her "Carmine" underwear....boys briefs that have cars all over them because she loves them so. She did make progress by sitting on the potty and wearing the Carmine underwear for a little bit. I have a feeling that this is going to take a while. She can be stubborn about things. I tell her about all of her peers using the potty and then ask her is she wants to be like them. "NOPE! I want to wear diapers!" Guess I'll be checking out more library books on potty training. :-)



1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Oops I guess we should have been watching a little close this time! :)