Sunday, November 1, 2009

Giving Away Some Cheer

Having five kids trick or treating produces a lot of candy...A LOT of candy! We also had left overs from handing out from the house. When I opened Ariana's back pack tonight, I saw a paper inside that made me super happy. I told the kids about it and they liked the idea. The paper told of how the school is accepting donations of Halloween candy for a church here that uses the donations for underprivileged kids on their birthdays. The church uses the donations to fill pinatas for the birthday children. The school is also donating some of the candy to the soldiers over in the Middle East. When I told Maile about it, she was very quick to say, "Yes, I will give all my candy." The other kids didn't want to part with all of their candy, but pretty much gave most of it away. We are so proud of them!!! We filled a Target sack to the brim with candy!!! Way to go Batchelor kids!

1 comment:

Heather said...

What a fantastic idea for charities. The perfect solution for excess halloween candy.

And Reggie--you are just too adorable! Love the video.