Tuesday, November 17, 2009

More of our life

Ariana adores spicy food. It is not uncommon to find her open the fridge and pull out some spicy condiment and see her eat it as a snack. She adds spicy hot wing sauce to almost everything we make. Here she is eating jalapeno peppers. She is our spicy girl!
Kyla recently joined Girl Scouts. She is a Daisy. We got her uniform yesterday and she was really excited about it. Here she is before her meeting. We can't believe that we have 3 Girl Scouts!!!

Regan made my heart very happy yesterday. We have a rule that the kids come home from school, they eat a snack, and then go straight to homework. This is the pipe dream anyways...I can promise that this isn't always the case...and actually...it is more often not the case. Well, imagine the surprise when right after snack, I saw Regan run to the computer yesterday. I thought maybe he was going to try and play games, but no, he had his binder on the desk and was doing his homework on the computer. He was writing a letter to one of his students in his class. His teacher does this really neat thing where each student has to write every student of the class a positive letter about each person. I believe he has 27 students in his class, so this means he will receive and give 26 positive letters. The rules are that it has to be at least 5 paragraphs with at least 5 sentences per paragraph, and at least 5 words in each sentence. It always makes me cry whenever I read what the other kids write to Regan. I was super proud of him yesterday when he went straight to his homework without being asked!!! YEA Regan!!!



Maile is such an amazing "kidult" as her teacher calls her. Every morning around 6am, she gets up and lets Ella outside. She feeds and waters her and then plays with her before she gets ready for school. Ella LOVES Maile! You can tell that the feeling is mutual! We are so proud of her for being so responsible!


2 comments:

wgp said...

I adore these faces, ok, I just enjoy Ella, but I adore these faces!

Heather said...

This post pulled at my sentimental heart strings. I miss this darling kiddos. And.. I wish every child could have a teacher like Reggie's.

love you all!