Monday, March 16, 2009

Kids and one amazing prince!

Yesterday at church, one of Ariana's teachers came into my YW class and gave me a bag tied with a pink ribbon. It was Ariana's tooth! She lost it while we were at church! Today, before leaving for school, I told her I wanted a picture of her tooth. She is now missing her 2 front teeth and 1 bottom tooth. She is smiling in this picture while lifting her lips, so it looks more gum than teeth, but you can see one of the holes. Kyla just woke up and came downstairs. She saw the picture of Ariana and said, "AHHHH! That scared me!" :-)
One of Regan's very favorite meal is "The ramen noodle thing." He LOVES this. I thought it was cute that I called the kids for dinner and said, "It's the ramen noodle thing...." Regan ran up to the table. When I turned around to serve the kids, I saw this sight. Regan put his napkin in over his shirt and had his utensils ready in hand. So cute! He was ready to dress up his ramen noodle bowl and eat!

My husband is simply amazing. To count the many ways that he is amazing would be endless. Let me share one of the ways that he is amazing. We have talked about the kids having more responsibilities while encouraging unity at the same time. So Ryan decided to make it a tradition that the kids mop the kitchen floor all together with him. This creates Daddy time as well as unity. Ryan has all the kids come into the kitchen and gives them each a rag to mop with. The kids actually enjoy this. Some aren't as thrilled at the beginning, but as they get into it, they like it more. Ariana came upstairs while I was folding laundry and said, "Mom, we are done with the floor. Should we mop the family room too?" I told her that it would be great if they did and she replied with a "WA HOO! We get to mop the family room....Guys, we get to mop the family room...WA HOO!" She was really excited. It is nice to see them work together AND get clean floors to boot!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Dawn! You sure have a darling family! I agree with you - Ryan has always been amazing!

By the way, that recipe is called "The Noodle Stuff" at our house - it is one of David's favorites as well. (I gave the recipe to mom 20-some years ago.) I'm glad your family loves it too!

Ann

passterelli said...

Noodle stuff! But not one of my favorites... my FAVORITE! Ask Shelly how many times we've had noodle stuff since we've been married. If we've been married for 130 weeks, then we've had it 130 times!