Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A slice of real life at the Batchelor house

Ryan and I were talking the other day about how people have blogs and how they can come across a rosy colored. A friend of ours told her husband that she has a hard time with blogs because they are like a perpetual positive Christmas letter...and that they make her feel bad because she sees only the perfect parts that people want to show in their lives vs. real life. Blogs make her feel like her life must be the only one that is chaotic and crazy....well, I thought about it and thought it really is true. Who ever really posts pictures of their bad moments or even really talks about it? So...I grabbed my camera and snapped a picture of "the princess room." Yup, that's the princess room looking not so princess like! With 5 kids in our home, our house is not always picked up. I grew up in a very neat and clean house and would love to have the same in my own, but real life for the Batchelor family isn't always this way.
As the girls and I started to pick up the room for the millionth time, Kyla emerged from the closet wearing these items she found on the floor. I started laughing so hard. I guess this moment wouldn't have happened if the girls hadn't destroyed their room.... :-)

1 comment:

wgp said...

what! I never knew you grew up in a "neat very clean house". Was I living there with you??? Ha ha ha...I love your selective memory! And I love your real-life picture of the princess room