Wednesday, December 9, 2009

What weather does to us

I know it has been a little bit since our last post, so let me update you on what we have been doing. My Dad came into town for a stop over on his way to New York on business. It is always fun to have him here. We had his favorite Chicago style pizza and then rounded it off with playing a few rounds of "monster" with the kids. They had to wait until Regan finished his homework, but played hard when he finally did. After kids went to bed, we stayed up talking of course. Dad had an early flight the next day, so I took him to the airport. While we were driving, a semi truck pulled in front of me. As it did, an egg sized rock spun off it's tires and landed right on our windshield causing it to break like a fire work across the glass. I feel really blessed that it didn't go through the windshield because it sure sounded like it should have! Sadly, we didn't capture any pictures with our camera...so it will be the memories that have to do instead. This week, we finally had our first snow. It was a light dusting on Monday. The above picture is of Kyla and Eva right after Kyla's gymnastics's class. It was really cold, but that didn't stop the leotard wearing Kyla to play and even make a snow angel in the snow! The girls walked all over making foot prints in the yard.
After I unlocked the door, I turned around to find Kyla laying in the snow making her snow angel. I ran to grab the camera, but she is too fast for me to catch her on the ground...so here she stands in the middle of her masterpiece.

Kyla's friend, Annabelle, came over and the two played to their hearts content on the snowy trampoline.


Our real storm has finally arrived. Our neighbor friends, Will and Quinn along with Maile and Regan had fun making forts and having snowball fights. We have had freezing rain along with tons of snow making it really slippery. Tomorrow's temps: 13 for the high and 2 for the lo. Wind chills expected to be around -20 degrees. I believe winter has arrived here in Chicago!!!



1 comment:

Heather said...

Loved your "hands on approach" comment. ;)

Wowza! -20 below!! BRRR! I guess we shouldn't be complaining about our need to wear long sleeves in the morning to shake the 65 degrees we are experiencing in the morning. You all need to come and visit us one Christmas. I bet your kids would love to experience Mele Kalikimaka in shorts and beach days. You should start planning for it. Seriously! We would love to have you. And..it's about time you make a trip out this way. You are long overdue.