
Eva loves being read to. She has her favorite books that she loves to read over and over. One night, I was reading one of her favorites to her and couldn't stop laughing. This book is called, "A Bug Hunt in Hawai'i nei." We received this book as a gift many years ago. The book is a flip up book where the reader travels along looking at Hawaiian bugs on their hunt. It follows the same format of, "Did you find a... ? Yes, we found a ... ." The reader can then flip open the flap and see the bug. So as I was reading about finding spiders, beetles, and earwigs on different parts of the island, I came to a page that made me laugh at Eva. Usually as we read, "Did you find a...?" Eva will say, "YES!!!" and flip the page to reveal the bug. I started to read, "Did you find a cockroach?" Eva screamed and said, "NO! That is gross!" She then will flip the page completely to avoid the picture of the cockroach. I think that I see some of my sister, Heather Ramanlal in her!!!

Kyla loves drawing and making things. This morning I found her making a "book" for Eva. She spelled Eva on the cover and then drew her our family along with a "Carmine" on the left hand side as she knows that Eva loves cars. When she presented her with the book, Eva gave her big hug.

Kyla was super excited to give her the present.

Looks like we have another favorite book to read at nights!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment