Wednesday, August 12, 2009

She's baaaack!

Maile is back! She flew in from the Vegas airport late Monday night, and boy are we glad that she is back! She had an amazing time with the Nally family....thanks you all for taking care of our little princess. She can't stop talking about the fun times she had there! It is funny how when you are missing one person, it effects the whole family. The kids would ask me pretty much everyday when she was coming home. On Monday morning, there was excitement in the air as we all knew that Maile was returning home. As I was busting around the house, I heard Regan in the kitchen. I came into the kitchen to find that he made Maile a giant cookie on his own via the microwave...yes, you CAN make cookies in the microwave...a thought I never had before. Regan wrapped up his giant cookie to Maile and put a sign on it as you can see in the picture. Maile and he are best friends, so while she was gone, Regan was like a person missing half of his body.
Tuesday morning, the kids were so excited to see Maile. Kyla went into Eva's room when she first woke up, and Eva started to get grouchy with Kyla...when Maile walked into Eva's room, Eva's mood changed completely! She smiled and said, "MAILE!!! Did you ride on an aero-plane?" She adores Maile...so she is one happy girl to have her hero back. Maile was so sweet, she ran downstairs with everyone and showed them the chocolates she brought back from her trip. The kids really liked that! It was fun to hear all of our kids telling each other the things that they missed while Maile was away. After breakfast, they ran to the couch and put on Veggie Tales, a new Batchelor family favorite. We have not watched these until recently. They are really cute movies!

Ariana made a welcome home sign for Maile on her door. So cute!


We can tell that she is back because wherever she goes, the kids go too. Maile, Regan, and Ariana all slept in Maile's twin bed. I love how our kids love being together. Darn my camera for not having the flash working at this picture! Ryan and I were laughing at how much older Maile seems. She is brown as a berry from her fun adventures at the Nally fun house. We have loved hearing her tell of her adventures from her vacation. She has had such a rockin good summer, both Ryan and I said that we wish that we were Maile this summer!!! We are super glad that she is home. To say we missed her is an understatement!!!



No comments: