Monday, July 13, 2009

More of Kentucky

Marty and Valetta have such a great house! One of the kids' favorite thing there was the laundry shoot. It always amazes me how kids love simple things in life. Their laundry shoot was the cause of much joy for our little ones. Here is Regan at the top with a big grin on his face. He later put toys down the shoot and would run to the basement to retrieve them. We would hear laughter every time he came to the basement. I think I need one of these in our house!!!
Kyla and Ana at the top of the laundry shoot. Kyla would open the door at the top and say, "Hi MOM!" and then I would say, "Hi Babe!" She would giggle and laugh and do it again. If I didn't answer her when she would say, "Hi MOM!" I would hear her say, "Mom, I say, "Hi Mom...and you say..."Hi Babe...OK?!" She likes me calling her that for the moment. :-)

You have never eaten food unless you have eaten at our cousin's house. Valetta is one of the best cooks ever. She treated us to amazing food while we were there. We LOVE southern cooking! Marty treated us to the best BBQ and breakfast as well. We found out that the South loves a secret ingredient that makes all their food taste super yummy...it's called bacon fat. WOW-E...delicious! They spoiled us with southern fixin's galore. You will not taste a peanut butter fudge better than Valetta's!!!


Grandma Red, Valetta, and the girls played a game on the porch. So fun!



No comments: