Friday, July 17, 2009

a bit of our life

I walked by our main bathroom and heard noises coming from behind the door even though the lights were off. I walked in, flipped on the light and found 3 little princesses playing in the bathtub. They told me that they were watching a movie....sure enough, I found a flashlight on the counter top, pointing at the bathtub. They were making shadows on the wall behind them. I thought it was super cute to see that Eva brought her "pee low" to the act. SO cute!
While I was downloading pictures to our computer, I came across several pictures that I didn't remember taking...this being one of them. It appears that Maile and Regan got a hold of the camera and snapped several shots of the princess room mess. I love Maile's face in this one!!! So while I know that not everyone posts pictures for the world to see their messy house like I do with the Batchelor's messy princess room, I share it because it is a very real picture of everyday life at this castle--both room and beautiful kid in it!
Eva is growing up before our very eyes. She does the cutest things...can you tell she is the baby of the family??? She came downstairs with Pee Low, hopped on the couch, and said, "Mom, I wanna watch...DONald Duck." She is in love with this Donald Duck Disney movie we have that has a bunch of old Disney cartoons with Donald Duck as the main character in each short film. Her little voice and adorable grin melt our hearts!!!


Regan told me one day, "Mom, I want to do extra jobs so that I can take a trip with Dad, just me and him." I said, "Son, what about me?" He said, "Mom, I love you, but I get to be with you ALL the time. I want some time with Dad too." It made me smile so! So he got our his giant map of North America and looked at different cities. He made up a sheet of different cities he would like to go with Dad and the different airplanes he wants to travel on. Here is just one side of his list. I then showed him how you can look up different cities and their prices to fly there. He REALLY liked this! He said, "Mom, I will save for the cheapest city. What city would that be?" So far, Detroit is the cheapest...we are still looking for great deals! If only they had similar prices to Hawaii as they do Detroit!!!

Yesterday was the girl's last day at Annie camp. Here they are in their matching shirts. They had SO much fun this week! Maile and Regan got to go the second half of Annie camp attend swimming/pizza/movie party. They had a ton of fun. While the older 4 were gone, my Mom said, "WOW! Your house is REALLY quiet without everyone!" I know...it was VERY weird!




1 comment:

Heather said...

Reggie really is his father's son. The airplane love. The documentation of his fact finding. So cute. --I think that He should be saving for Hawaii, too. :)