
We've been off our blog for a while now...but, we are back....back in COLD and SNOWY Chicago! Our plane came in as one of the last ones to land into Chicago due to weather. They shut it down after us. We waited on the runway for an hour after landing while they de-iced other planes and tried to find a gate for us. Maile and I couldn't even see out our plane window because the snow covered it completely while we waited for our plane to park. SO...we are trying to get back to life. I've got a bunch of laundry, a house to pick up, suitcases to unpack, grocery shopping galore, and yet I find myself on our blog updating our vacation before the details get fuzzy. The pictures are backwards...but here we are at my Grammy's pool. The weather felt so good to this group of Chicagoans! Regan took this picture of Ryan and me.

Mom, Heather, and I all seemed to get the, "Wear green and black memo..." :-) Funny how that happened without planning. We must be family! It was so nice to be with our family! We miss being with everyone!!! Love these two ladies very much!!!

When I called Grammy before we came out, she said that the pool was going to be too cold to swim. It was 65 degrees. Well, she didn't know that she was dealing with a bunch of polar bears that want to swim in the worst way!!! It started out with, "Mom and Dad, can I just dip my feet?" Then it went to legs. Then it went to, "Oh dear, Mom and Dad, I "accidentally" got my pants wet...." We were on vacation so we told them to just go for it and they did just that...clothes and all. Who needs to pack a bathing suit when you have your clothes, right?! I realized that this is the only picture I have of Grammy on this camera due to the fact that she doesn't sit for a minute. She is on the far right in the blue. She was so amazing to have us all there. We love you, Grammy!!! You are the best!!!

Whenever Ryan and I go to southern California, we always say, Hmm...we could move here. The weather is SO nice!" Then we remember why we shouldn't: the traffic. It took us an insane amount of time to get to Grammy's in Upland from LAX. We decided to detour and drive by the Los Angeles Temple, where my Mom, Dad, Heather, and I were sealed together when I was 2 years old. Guess else we found on our way? IN-N-OUT..OUR FAVORITE!!! We pulled the car over and ate outside. Ryan and I could eat here everyday if we could!!! Why oh why don't they have these in Chicago?!

Regan was VERY excited to watch the airplanes coming and going. Maybe this is a picture into his future career. The girls had fun running around the airport. Maile was the best at keeping an extra eye on Eva who was busy looking at "Big Jet and Rocket"...from Little Einsteins.
No comments:
Post a Comment