Tuesday, March 16, 2010
What we have been doing....
Well, it has been a wild almost 2 weeks. Ryan and I were supposed to get away to TN for the weekend when the day before our trip, Ariana ended up having a stomach bug. We cancelled everything and braced ourselves for the whole crew to get it, but found that it lasted less than 24 hours for Ariana with no one else getting sick. We decided to go away anyways, but decided to stay closer to home in case something did happen. We went to Nauvoo, IL and had a really great time. We have been ready for a breather and were quite grateful that Michael and Chelsea could watch the kids so we could do so. Thanks again, Moochie and Chelsea!!! So while we were down there, we found out....drum rolls please.....that we are expecting again! I guess we will really know who looks at our blog now! :-) This has been a long process for us that has presented us with a lot of growth. Last year during Spring Break, while staying at Kim and Dave's house in St. George, Ryan and I both woke up and told each other that we had a rather strange dream that we were pregnant again and had another baby. Kind of "strange" that we both had the same dream in the same night! Anyways, during that break, we also heard the very sad news that Ryan's boss has passed away from a very aggressive cancer at age 45. When we got back from our trip and drove up to Wisconsin for the funeral, we talked at length about our dreams and what we felt. We had also had the kids "randomly" telling us they wanted another sibling as well as Maile telling us that she felt "really warm" when she thought about another baby. Anyways, after a lot of praying....we had Ryan's vasectomy reversed. We have waited and waited for almost a year to see a dream come true.... so last week, we had Ryan tested to see why we weren't pg yet and the doctor told us that the chances were pretty much slim to none that we would be pg again without major intervention such as invitro. I have to say I was disappointed to hear that, but was glad to know some kind of concrete so that I could move out of limbo stage. Then a few days later, we find out that we are pregnant. It is a true miracle to say the least! The kids are super excited as are we!!! We aren't sure as to a due date other than October/November. I have a Dr's appointment at the end of the month which will hopefully give us a better due date. Not only have we had that excitement, but Ryan was also called that same week as the new Elder's Quorum President....which is the leader of the men's group at our church. It will be very busy to say the least, but I know that he'll do amazing things with this new calling. Last but not least, after coming back from our get away, we went to a baptism that night only to find that while Ariana was in my lap, she had "flakes" in her hair....yup, we discovered my worst nightmare, lice! So this past week, we have washed out bedding and clothing like there is no tomorrow. I have been living in our laundry room as well as going to the laundromat. Yesterday we checked again and I think that we have beat this nasty thing. Thankfully we didn't have it bad and had no bugs. I believe we caught it really early on. The school nurses were very impressed that I even found the eggs on Ana as they were so tiny and so few! Ah..another miracle again! The Lord has definitely blessed us in more ways than we can count. We are so grateful! Anyways, if you wondered why we have not posted for awhile, it is because we have been washing and washing...and I have been a very tired first trimester woman.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
YAY! I'm so excited for you both! Can't wait to have another cousin! I hope you're feeling okay and I hope Ryan is feeling okay. I am very very happy for you! Congrats to you and the whole fam!
Whoot Whoot! What wonderful news! Dawn, you and Rupert are such wonderful parents. I have always thought you would/should go for a bakers dozen. ;)
So glad that the uku incident was minor. Curly blonde hair and ukus are the worst. Hope the next 9 months are full of lots of happy and healthy days.
You announced on your blog. Brave, very brave. Congratulations, you know we are so excited for another cousin in 2010.
What great news! We're so happy for your family!
22 years ago, we had our first experience with lice - during Spring Break! Ah, so much fun, the adventures of having many children!
Love you!
Wow! Congratulations!! Number 6! You are an amazing family and this baby is so lucky (not to mention been hinting to everyone that he/she was ready to join you) What an amazing story to tell the baby someday!
Post a Comment