Saturday, May 3, 2008
What a morning!
Well, I don't have a picture for this post, but as you read, you will see why. I really didn't have any hands to hold a camera as well. Yesterday, we had to take the dog, Ella, to the vet. We also had some serious thunderstorms as well. I loaded up the two younger kids and Ella into the suburban and hoped that maybe, just maybe, the t-storms would go away for our third visit to the vet in 3 weeks for Ella's vaccines. Kyla and Ella are horribly afraid of thunderstorms. Ella cried the whole way to the vet. I felt so bad. Just as we pulled up to the vet, the skies opened up and dumped buckets of water down on us. We didn't have an umbrella in the car, so I just put on my best Oregonian thoughts and got the kids out. The thunder was really loud, the kids were crying, the dog was crying, I was thinking of a happy place....I had Eva in one arm, and Ella on the leash with my other arm. Kyla was enjoying the flooding in between the thunder scares by jumping in the rushing water in her favorite cherry boots. We finally reached the office where I went to sign in. We were such a sight to see! I check in and as I am doing so, a lady waiting for her dog tells me that Ella has just pooped all over the floor. To my horror, she had pooped the most I have ever seen her do...and inside the building...which she never does. She was so distressed about the t-storms, that she pooped! Eva was wiggling in my other arm, there were 4 other dogs there, so I didn't want to put Eva down. The good news is that I brought a poop bag "just in case." The bad news is that as I reached down to pick up one of FIVE poop logs, Ella jumped from another dog coming too close and my hands shook (she was still attached to the leash on my arm) so that the bag slipped and my hands grabbed raw poop...yea folks, that would be my BARE hand!!! Warm poop and raw hand! Uh huh! Lucky for me, I brought some hand sanitizer which I dumped the whole bottle onto my hand while balancing Eva in my other hand. We made it through the hour long office wait by bribing the kids with talks of visiting the "pet fish" and petting Ella. Ella really is a good dog, she was just scared...so mental note to myself not to take her to the vet or anywhere for that matter when we are having heavy t-storms. Another day and life of Dawn Batchelor...and I love every bit of it...poop and all!!! Oh and just a side note, I have washed my hands where ever I see a sink!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment