
Kyla makes us laugh with the things she does. She keeps us smiling! I found her in the kitchen after the kids all came home from school. She helped herself to a jar of applesauce--one of her favorite treats right now. I personally like the "Kyla touch" as she chose to sip the applesauce from a straw rather than eat it with a spoon. This girl is a trend setter, folks!

Regan loves to make inventions. He knows that Ariana LOVES the movie, Tangled, so he decided to make a lantern for her to float. He made it with tie dye duct tape and reams of foil. So sweet and thoughtful!

I was in charge of a huge service project with the women's organization of our church. We made dresses for girls in African orphanages. While I was making huge signs labeling each station, Eva decided to get crafty on her own and pull our the googly eyes. When I went to put the signs up that night, she had made one of the letter, "C's" have two eyes. The next day, she told me that she made a, "Mr. Chair." She had put two more eyes on one of our bar stools and said that he was now a talking chair. So cute!

Ryan took Ariana to the Asian market one day while I was gone. They picked out several different exotic fruits (at least exotic to the Chicago area.) One of the fruits they chose was a coconut. Ryan sliced it open and each kid put a straw in the middle to drink the coconut juice. Delicious!!! We miss Hawaii!!!!

On Saturday, Regan, Ryan, Eliana, David, and I went to the Dodger/Cubs baseball game. We had awesome seats!!! It was so much fun to be there! Ryan was sad to see his team lose, but we were happy!!! There is nothing like seeing a game live! I actually got to see our old neighbor that I used to babysit, play for the Cubs. I was paying attention to the baby when I heard the people behind us say, "What parent names their kid, Darwin Barney"!" I totally jumped and said, "DARWIN BARNEY!! I used to babysit that kid for $3.00 an hour and that was a rocking good wage at the time!" Sure enough, it is THE Darwin Barney. He is the second baseman for the Cubs. He did a pretty good job that day!!! It was fun to have an extra connection to the game.
No comments:
Post a Comment