Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Kyla changes her look

I know that it has been eons since we posted anything. We went away to Oregon for 2 weeks during Christmas. It was a lot of fun. We came back with a bang though....we came back and got the stomach flu. It started on the plane ride home. That's right folks...ON the plane! Kyla cried for about an hour and a half that her stomach hurt and then she used the "barf bags" TWICE! I have NEVER seen anyone use those bad boys EVER! Thank goodness they had them! Anyways, I will try and update since before Christmas...ACK! I will start with today and work back. Kyla told me that she wanted to straighten her hair for school...so I promised her I would this morning. She was SO excited to do this. While I was doing her hair, I said, 'Kyla, how do you like your hair so far?" She replied, 'Um...I want it ALL to be straight...not half curly and half straight." I laughed so hard as she thought I was done by just doing half of it. It was really cute to see her facial expressions after it was done. She kept looking in the mirror and said, 'Now I look like everyone else!" She told us once that a kid at school laughed at her for having curly hair. Oh dear...if I ever find that kid..... anyways she didn't even want to wear a hat today to the bus stop so that everyone could see her new look. I made her due to the low temps. So here she is before (from Christmas) and after of today....


Can you believe how different she looks?! I think it is fun...but I miss her curls!!! Fun to try new things though. :-)

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

That kid that teased her is MINE!!!

Chelsea said...

She looks adorable, but she isn't the same without her curls! Love it though! Fun to try something new once and a while. :)

Unknown said...

I've missed reading about you and your darling family. I hope you're all feeling better!

Love you!

wgp said...

Kyla is so darling, straight or curly, but tell her she is even MORE special for those beautiful curls! I love that face!
Grandma Red (also has curly hair)