Monday, March 24, 2008
Easter fun
So...our Easter was one that was wild and crazy from the early morning on. Ryan's alarm went off at 6:30 and the kids all came into our bed. Poodle said, "It's the Easter alarm! Time to look for eggs!" After our egg hunt, Ryan had to go to church meetings. I tried to get the kids all ready in their Easter outfits, then went to gather up my lesson material for the youth class that I teach every Sunday. When I was done gathering material and running to gather the kids to make it on time, I found Kyla with chocolate all over her face and Eva with yogurt that she had gotten into on her own, spilled all over her face and brand new dress. We finally made it to church where the effects of sugar had kicked into Eva making her wild during the meeting. After church, we changed and went over to our empty nestor friend's house for a delicious Easter dinner. Within the first 5 minutes, Ana had diarrhea in her pants. Luckily, I keep an extra pair of panties in our car for emergencies like this. I put them on Ana. After 10 minutes, Ryan and I find Ana upstairs in their potty. She had fallen in as well as had another accident again. I took Eva and her home to change, when Ana told me that she needed to hurry so she could get back to the Duffield's house because she didn't want to miss out on the fun. We came into the house and she had another accident. I called Ryan and told him that we weren't coming back. Now, not to be too graphic, Nanners had many accidents at home including one that landed on the floor. She stepped in it accidentally and didn't hear me say, "Don't move so you won't track poop all over the floor..." You know where this is going...she runs to the bathroom clip clopping poop all over the floor. Thank goodness for hardwood floors! Poor Ana had gotten sick. Meanwhile, back at the Duffield's house, Ryan is eating at the adult table when he hears a crash. KyKya had knocked over their table which resulted in the breaking of the Duffield's ceramic rabbit that their son had made when he was young. Ryan was horrified! Our friend's were so gracious about the whole ordeal. It ended up in happiness as Bruce hid over 100 eggs for our kids and their one granddaughter to find. When Ryan and the kids came home, we looked at each other and said, "Happy Easter! These are the best years of our lives."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment