
We are so glad that Chelsea chose to spend her birthday with us. Michael and I have been talking about her day for months about his surprise to her. As the big day approached, we came up with a plan for her day. Michael was going to take the day off as a complete surprise to her. I was going to take her to Cracker Barrel for breakfast and when we got there, Michael would be there waiting for her....I'd take Bib home with me, and they would start their day off with breakfast with the two of them. After that, Moochie was going to take her on a canoe trip for the day. Well, a few days before, someone let it slip that Moochie was taking the day off and that they were going on a run with the canoes. So, her day came and Michael ended up having to to work a little bit and it rained...so going in the canoe was off and Chelsea had Michael, Bib, Eliana, Eva, and I go to breakfast at Cracker Barrel. We had fun!!! After breakfast, they went home and came back to our house to have dinner and dessert. Chelsea's friend made 2 huge cakes that looked quite fabulous. We opened up presents and Chelsea got the CHI from all of us. She then opened up Moochie's present which was hair products and an IOU for more hair products. Ryan and I were smirking in the back ground because we knew that he really had a much greater present waiting for her...but was teasing her with this "gift" as she would believe it because he is the king of IOU's. She was trying to put on a brave smile, but we could tell she was disappointed. Well, after presents, we started to light the candles when Moochie came out with another present. She was surprised. Chelsea told us after that she thought it was more hair products...little did she know that she was in for a real surprise! Check out the proud look on Michael's face!

Yup...she was totally SURPRISED!!! Check out her face!

Awwww! So sweet!

Chelsea and I talk about wish lists...as in "some day down the road" type list. On her list was a CHI...which she thought Moochie was buying her but was thrown off when Mom, Dad, Heather, Dan, Ryan, and I got it for her instead. Another wish item she had was a SLR camera. Well, Moochie had been researching for it for awhile. He talked with Dan who is a camera expert...and then ended up flying back east and picking it up for her. It was cute to talk to him often about how to surprise Chelsea with it. Man...how is he going to top off this year's present?! SO cute! We love you Chelsea! We are so glad that you are here and are a part of our family!!!
2 comments:
first the dead bunny story, and now this...I'm a crybaby! Isn't this so darling? I love those 2, and I love YOU for sharing it all!
You are all the BEST! I was so SURPRISED! And SUPLEASED! ;) Thank you so much for making my day so special!
Post a Comment